Time is money – it’s a cliché, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true. When hydraulic cylinders, valves, pumps or motors fail – or just require routine mandatory maintenance – their operators want them out of action for the shortest possible time.
Since its formation in 1978, Gerrard Hydraulics has been supporting Western Australia’s hydraulics users in the agricultural, mining, offshore and industrial sectors. In keeping with our commitment to becoming the go-to hydraulics resource for Western Australian industry, we dedicated ourselves to mastering all aspects of hydraulics repair and maintenance, familiarising ourselves with all the brands in common use in Australia. Our aim was to:
- Reduce turnaround to an absolute minimum. Through superior product knowledge we are able to diagnose problems faster and more accurately, and our Canning Vale workshops are lavishly equipped, so no job is too difficult.
- Get it right, first time. Very little goes wrong with a hydraulic unit that we haven’t seen before, so we can usually diagnose a problem on the strength of a few symptoms described over the phone.
- Develop and instil in our workforce a “Hydraulics Culture”, based around an obsession with cleanliness. We maintain our repair shop in a state of near-clinical hygiene. That’s a necessary precaution, because hydraulic systems are notoriously vulnerable to contamination. But we take it further – our vehicles are kept scrupulously neat, and our service personnel are neatly and professionally attired. That’s what we mean by “Hydraulics Culture” – a state of mind in which nothing but excellence is quite good enough.
- Give our clients firm quotes. We believe we know our game well enough that there should be no surprises when it comes to the bill.
- Test all our repairs and give a warranty with each job.
Of the many components that can be serviced, tested and repaired, below is a listing of the more common items.
- Hydraulic Transmissions
- Fixed gear pumps and motors
- Fixed piston pumps and motors
- Variable piston pumps and motors
- Gerotor and geroller motors
- Hydraulic cylinders
- Directional control valves
- Pressure control valves
- Flow control valves
- Planetary reduction gear boxes
Typical workshop activities
- Servicing, repair and testing of hydraulic systems
- Servicing, repair and testing of hydraulic components
- Manufacture of custom designed power packs
- Re-manufacture of hydraulic cylinders
- Tube and pipe work
- General machining
- General fabrication
Our in house facilities include:
Hydrostatic driven test bench for the testing of hydraulic pumps and motors.
|Installed power||200 kW (272 HP)|
|Maximum test pressure||350 bar (5000 psi)|
|Maximum test flow||500 lpm (132 USgpm)|
|Drive speed range||1500 rpm nominal (2900 rpm max)|
|Drive head output (nominal)||130 kW @ 1500 rpm (175 HP @ 1500 rpm)|
General Purpose Testing
|Multi function test bench|
|Installed power||22 kW and 4 kW (30 HP and 5.5 HP)|
|Maximum test pressure||240 bar (3500 psi)|
|Maximum output flow||100 lpm (26 USgpm)|
|11 kW test bench|
|Maximum test pressure||300 bar (4350 psi)|
|Maximum output flow||10 lpm (2.6 USgpm)|
|2.2 kW test pack|
|Maximum test pressure||700 bar (10000 psi)|
|Maximum output flow||3.78 lpm (1 USgpm)|
Typical tests carried out:
- Open loop fixed displacement pumps and motors
- Open loop variable displacement pumps and motors
- Closed loop variable displacement pumps and motors
- Setting of relief valves
- Function testing of manual, pilot operated and solenoid operated control valves
- Function testing valve packages
- Function testing of hydraulic cylinders
- General testing for leaks
Other general equipment includes cylinder strip down and assembly bench, lathes, milling, lapping machine, bandsaw, friction cutter, MIG and electric ARC welding, non-caustic hot water and mineral based solvent parts washers and spray painting facilities.
Don’t take chances with the maintenance of your hydraulics. Talk to Gerrard Hydraulics today.